Al's Pals is a resiliency-based early childhood curriculum and teacher training program that develops personal, social and emotional skills in young children. The easy-to-use materials help children learn to:
- Manage their feelings
- Get along with others
- Use self-control
- Accept differences
- Resolve conflict peacefully
- Make healthy choices
Building upon its outreach in previous years, Smart Beginnings Rappahannock Area is providing teacher training and curriculum materials to 107 classrooms since 2008, serving over 3,000 children.
For more information, contact Trudie Knapp, Al's Pals Coordinator, at email@example.com or 540.479.6944.
Did You Know?
- The quality of a child’s future depends on the quality of their first five years.
- 90% of a child’s brain is developed before reaching kindergarten which means that early childhood programs and positive interaction with parents and caregivers are critical to school achievement and life success.
- Young children learn best when they have proper health and nutrition, a safe and stable family and home life and activities that stimulate creativity, curiosity and all the skills they will need to succeed.
- SBRA is a coalition of over 40 public and private agencies, businesses and individuals under the guidance of the volunteer SBRA Board of Directors.
- Quality early learning experiences help prepare children to compete in today’s global economy.